Welcome to our Blog!

We're so glad you're here! Welcome!


Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 5 Continued--Rainbow over Buffalo!

We took the Wildlife Loop one more time, just for me.  I love the critters so much.  Only one burro this time and he made short work of the carrots that we brought for him.  We shared with some other park visitors who were amazed that we were so forward thinking.  We didn't let them think otherwise! 

We wandered all the curves and right before heading out of the Wildlife Loop, a beautiful rainbow started to appear over a herd of buffalo.  And in my excitement, I could only yell, "Rainbow over buffalo" over and over again, which I suffered relentless teasing for.  Mom said that my Native American name must be Rainbow Over Buffalo.  I think she's right.  It was a wonderful moment.  The light in Custer State Park is just like it is in Wyoming and Montana.  In one word.  Amazing.  I love the American West and this area is just the beginning of it.  I can't wait to return.   








 I love this shot, especially because you can see the rainbow's  light as it hits the ground.  We got to see the end of the rainbow and it was in South Dakota!  Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We'd love to hear from you.