Welcome to our Blog!

We're so glad you're here! Welcome!


Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy Happy Merry Merry!


We're home, bracing for a big snow! 10-14 inches by Christmas Day. Yikes.


The house looks and smells like Christmas, but I'm not sure if all of our guests will be able to make it. I'd rather they stayed home than to brave dangerous roads!




We I made Spritz, Date Bars, Melting Moments, Frosted Cut Out Sugar Cookies, Lemon Bars, Pecan Pie Bars, Peanut Butter Bars (they didn't make it--the guys ate most of them and the rest succombed to a bizarre refrigerator defrosting meat debacle, don't ask), and Caramel Chex Mix. I think there's more in the freezer, but I've forgotten all that I made.

If snowed in, we certainly wouldn't starve!









Grandma's Santas on a Grandma-made table runner. Wish I remembered which Grandma made what. I love vintage and antique Christmas decorations, especially if they belonged to family.



Sam and I had a whole conversation in the car about what the season really is all about. Not the craziness of present buying and crabby people crowding the stores in pursuit of material happiness. "It's a wonderful birthday celebration," I said, feeling all warm and motherly and like THIS will be the conversation that he remembers when he has children.

He paused for a minute and then said, "Yep, it's Great-Grandma Betty's birthday too, isn't it?"

"Yes it is, son. She and Jesus were born on the same day."

"She's that old?"

I let that one lie.

Happy Happy. Merry Merry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We'd love to hear from you.