Welcome to our Blog!

We're so glad you're here! Welcome!


Wednesday, December 30, 2009

An All Nighter

Sam stayed overnight at a new/old friend's house last night. He went to preschool with this boy and has been kind of friends all through elementary school. It took a mutual love of video games that maim aliens to get them to realize that they live right around the corner from each other! This friend is a delightful boy, so polite and friendly.



Sam was so thrilled to be invited to a sleepover at his house. He's never been real good about sleeping away from home, so we were ecstatic when the phone didn't ring during the night. I didn't sleep well in anticipation of a late night trip to pick him up! Guess that was all for nothing!



He came home and quickly transitioned from the smiling, proud, happy kid that had a really good time to semi-zombie, "I'm not tired", shuffle upstairs to bed kid. Voluntarily going to bed? Hmmmm.



Seems he and his friend stayed up all night and boy did they have fun. They were laughing and giggling when Darren picked him up this morning. As they made the two minute ride home, he slowly was coming down. I met him at home just in time to see the last of the smiles and the transition to that "so tired you feel sick" feeling that I remember well from my night shift at the hospital days.



He's tucked in upstairs, sound asleep, but most likely dreaming about the bragging rights this is going to give him.



So, we both pulled all nighters. I'm sitting on the couch icing my knees. I skidded down the driveway and fell while trying to save the world. No, not really that dramatic, but I was saving the environment! I was putting newspaper in the recycling bin at the end of the driveway and ended up flailing and screaming my way all the way down the driveway to end up in the road on the ground. Both Darren and Sam were outside with me and didn't notice until I had scrambled up again. Ugh. My plans for this week have been completely waylaid. I'm battered and bruised, but hey, the blogs just might get updated! And since Sam is sound asleep and my plans involved him, I don't feel so bad.



He may have another sleepover on New Year's Eve. We'll see if he wants to try it again. It may just be an "almost a sleepover".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We'd love to hear from you.