Welcome to our Blog!

We're so glad you're here! Welcome!


Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Damn, My Sun Bonnet was at the Cleaners

This was a big moment for me. The Little House on the Prairie books still rank at the top of my all time favorites. Visiting the site of their dugout had me revisiting the stories in my mind. It's well worth the trip if your kids have read these books.



The owners of the site are restoring the prairie. The flowers were amazing.





Sam loved watching the grasses as they waved in the wind.







Plum creek was clear and full of minnows. I could just picture Laura and Mary playing here.






Walnut Grove was a sad little town. There's a nice campground outside of town near the Wilder Pageant site.
After we left Walnut Grove, Darren let me have one more moment. We drove to Sleepyeye. Seems Mr. Edwards was always going to Sleepyeye. There was a nice small campground there too. I could see why Mr. Edwards was always going to Sleepeye. It was much nicer than Walnut Grove.
On to Jeffers. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We'd love to hear from you.