Welcome to our Blog!

We're so glad you're here! Welcome!


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Good News, It's Strep!

Sam was very sick over the weekend. It came on suddenly Saturday evening and I knew for sure that it wasn't Back-to-School-itis because he slept from 8 pm Sat. until 3:30 pm Sunday. Monday morning, we headed to the doctor because he was complaining of all the symptoms of meningitis. Terrible headache. Stiff and sore neck. Lethargy. High fever. No appetite.

No sore throat, no typical strep picture.

His doctor confirmed that my suspicions were valid, but I decided not to go all worst case scenario and wait until a strep test came back negative before I flipped out.

"Congratulations, it's Strep," she said as she came back into the room.

Thank God.

I was warned to continue to watch him for meningitis because of his neck symptoms and after two more sleepless nights, he's back on track and back to school.

I hated to send him, but I knew last night when he was "bored" and getting the sillies again that he was on the mend. Still, I wanted to keep him inside and away from the negative temps outside. I always find this one of the hardest parts of parenting, sending him back after being sick when he really could use a few more days of rest. But, that's life and my job is to teach Life 101.

So, on we go.

Time for me to play catch up. So, it's a pot of coffee in a commuter mug and off to run errands, clean the house, prep for confirmation, do laundry. I'll sleep when I'm dead.

One of our neighbors had a terrible house fire yesterday. Our hearts and prayers go out to them. Hopefully we can find some way to provide some help. Our entire block was lined with emergency vehicles from all over the area for several hours yesterday and there were plumbers, electricians, and carpenters there until late in the night to secure the house. I can't imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We'd love to hear from you.