Welcome to our Blog!

We're so glad you're here! Welcome!


Friday, January 15, 2010

Date 2/52 Sleepover Sneakout

Sam's at a sleepover, so we've got a date night!

This has been a rough week. I've found myself grieving for my grandma just like I did with my dad. Suddenly, out of nowhere, the tears come. That smack, in your face kind of grief is awful. I've been looking forward to date night just to feel safe and comforted. Darren's had a busy and long week too. It was time to just rest and reconnect.

We needed a relaxing evening. So, we wandered the stacks at Half Price books, picked out a few Turbo Snails and a funky urchin for our saltwater fish tank, and grabbed an ice cream cone at McDonald's on the way home. A little couch time to watch something that's not Sam's choice.

Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We'd love to hear from you.