Welcome to our Blog!

We're so glad you're here! Welcome!


Monday, November 29, 2010

Life has been Stuck in Fast Forward, Time to Push Rewind

We were so lucky to take a quick getaway to the Bayfield area of Wisconsin during Fall Break (mid-October).


Here are some pictures from our first day out exploring.



We started out at the Northern Great Lakes Visitor's Center. What a wonderful place to visit and learn about the area. We left with lots of information about the area and a long list of must sees/must dos.



Sam and I raced Darren to the top for the sweeping views.








I loved all the little farms. Made me almost want to chuck it all and make cheese for a living. Well, for a short time anyway.








We visited a couple of the area farms for apples and wine. Darren had to give this Self Kicking Machine a try. I'm working on one for his Christmas gift.












The wine was delicious, the hay mow interesting and slightly creepy.



I liked this little saying. "I do my thing and you do your thing. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations. And you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I. And if by chance we find each other, it's beautiful."




The barn was really cute and the view from the top windows was lovely.







We bought some apples at the next farm that I'd never heard of. Bayfield apples were much smaller than what my dad grew, but just as delicious. We ate a few in the car as we wandered down the country roads. Wish we could remember what they were...



The Fish Hatchery. I loved this building. The boys were not as impressed.




Sandy beaches. We like the North Shore of Minnesota's rocky beaches better for wandering and picking rocks, but this was beautiful. We could imagine this beach with tons of people on it in the summer and were very glad we weren't sharing it with them.











We finished the day with a late lunch at this joint in Ashland and then back to the hotel to swim and relax. Fun day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We'd love to hear from you.