Welcome to our Blog!

We're so glad you're here! Welcome!


Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Energy Audit!




We're very energy savvy. Mostly because I'm a cheapskate, but also because it's the right thing to do. I come from a long line of frugal people. Shut it off if you're done, don't need it, or aren't using it.

Sam has been tasked with doing an energy audit of the house for school. I was so surprised to find out that my freezer is set too low! I turned it down when we got home from Spring Break to speed up ice production and I guess I forgot to turn it back. No wonder Darren got carpal tunnel scooping ice cream for Sam and his friends at his last sleepover!
We'll be wandering the house with his Xcel kit fixing and monitoring away! I especially like the furnace filter alarm thingamajiggy. That will definitely come in handy!
I think he looks like my dad in the top picture. Dad used to examine stuff closely like that.
You can learn more about the kit he got here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We'd love to hear from you.